How to cook without fat?
This week we are going to talk about how we cook our meals.
Indeed, we can cook everything lightly. Here is a detailed list of the cooking modes you can use.
1. How to cook meat and fish?
- Steam: in the steamer.
- In court bouillon : in a large quantity of court bouillon (salted boiling water + bouquet garni).
- In foil : in the oven in baking paper or aluminum foil or in the microwave in baking paper.
- Grilled: under the grill of the oven or on the barbecue.
- Stir-Fry : In a hot (non-stick) pan.
2. How to cook the eggs?
- In water with shell: shell (3 min), calves (5 min), hard (10 min).
- In water without shell : poached in lightly salted water and vinegar.
- In a hot frying pan (non-stick coating): fried or in an omelet.
- In a bain-marie (in a salad bowl placed on a saucepan of boiling water): scrambled with skimmed milk.
- In the oven: casserole dish in an ovenproof ramekin.
- In the microwave oven : in a suitable ramekin, casserole dish (about 1 min at medium power) or scrambled with skimmed milk (about 1 min 30, stirring during cooking).
3. How to cook vegetables and fruits?
- Steam: in a steamer or in a pressure cooker.
- In water : in a large quantity of salted boiling water.
- Steamed : in a covered saucepan.
- Grilled : under the grill of the oven or on the barbecue.
- Stir-Fry : In a hot (non-stick) pan or in a wok.
- In the microwave oven : in a suitable covered dish (add a little water).
- En papillote : in the oven in baking paper or in the microwave oven in baking paper.
4. How to cook starches?
- Creole style: in a large quantity of salted boiling water.
- Pilaf without fat : brown in a very hot pan or saucepan (non-stick coated) or in a wok, add 3 times the volume of cold water and cook until completely absorbed.
- Special case of couscous semolina : pour the semolina into a bowl, add 1.5 times the volume of salted boiling water. Let stand covered until completely absorbed. (You can add a drizzle of olive oil if you wish)
- Special case of potatoes: steamed, boiled, grilled, sautéed, etc.
To sum up, V A RATE YOUR COOKING MODES AND SPEND your dishes with herbs and spices (for a better taste).