How to eat more vegetables?
You neglect vegetables in your meals, yet it is very easy to cook them and enjoy these essential foods.
8 tips for you :
1. For snacking
Peckish ? Take cucumbers or carrots (say baby-florette, which are small carrots). Easy to snack on, without sauce (or with a light yogurt-based sauce for example), and at any time of the day.
The nutritional value for 100 g of baby carrots :
Calories : 39 kcal (Proteins : 0.9 g, Carbohydrates : 6.8 g, Fat : 0.2 g)
Nutritional value per 100 g of cucumbers :
Calories : 10 kcal (Proteins : 0.6 g, Carbohydrates : 1.5 g, Fat : 0.2 g)
2. Vary the cooking, and diversify the choice of vegetables
There are more than 80 vegetables so diversifying your choices would be very easy J but you can also vary the cooking : make vegetables sautéed in a pan (in a wok), boiled, roasted, raw, in the oven. Change as much as possible, add color and indulge yourself.
Recipe side :
- Sautéed vegetables : for example : carrot, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli ...
- Roasted vegetables : Green beans, asparagus, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, onions, corn… (put the vegetables in the oven at 220 ° C with a drizzle of olive oil and some spices and roast them for 30 minutes)
3. Make more vegetable dishes :
There is a variety of dishes that you can easily make with vegetables.
Some ideas :
- An omelet : with tomatoes, mushrooms, potatoes, peppers, onions.
- Vegetables quiche : Cook your vegetables. Then mix with milk, eggs, 0% cheese and in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Roast turkey or roast chicken served with a bed of vegetables
- In stuffing : in poultry, beef or chicken fillet
- Soups : with zucchini, carrots, onions, celery, ... Always try to have soups ready in the freezer (if you come home late one evening, or tired, very practical and quick !).
4. Add vegetables to your starches :
Such as couscous, rice, pasta, lasagna.
Little idea : In your lasagna, add chopped and cooked spinach or grated carrots in your sauce.
5. Make your vegetable-based sauces
Recipe idea : As an accompaniment with fish, meat, rice. Sauce: Tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, ...
6. Don't hesitate to save time
You don't always have time to cook ? Use frozen or canned vegetables. There are many brands (such as Géant Vert, Bonduelle, Picard, etc.) that offer them. They have no added sugar, no preservatives so eat them !
And make sure you always have some in your freezer ahead of time !
7. Combine business with pleasure
Opt for vegetables already cut or ready to cook.
8. Innovate and decorate your plates
Use funny kitchen tools ! Like the spinning wheel (it's a vegetable cutter that turns vegetables into spirals).
But you can use a simple peeler to make tagliatelle vegetables (zucchini tagliatelle for example).
It is therefore easy to increase your portions of vegetables on a daily basis. !
Now you have no more excuses.
It is therefore easy to increase your portions of vegetables on a daily basis!
Now you have no more excuses for not consuming enough!